Well, it's not exactly weekly, but this happens to be a week where I have so much new stuff I am listening to, I think my brain is going to explode. Let's just get right into it:
1. Foster the People: Whole album is awesome but one of my favorites is Helena Beat
2. New Incubus Album: If Not Now, When: Check out this cool live version of Adolescents
3. Florence and the Machine: New song "What the Water Gave Me"
4. Mute Math: New song off of their upcoming album "Odd Soul" song called Allies
5. New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album! Just go listen to the whole thing.
As many of you know, I enjoy surfing. In fact I enjoy it very much. But even if you do not enjoy it, I thought you might care to look at this video of surfers interacting with nature in a way that is simply incredible. This is one of the biggest and scariest tubes in the world. More contest info can be found here:
There's been lots going on here the past few months. New songwriting, shows at rock climbing gyms, outdoor adventures, and good times with friends and family. Here is a little taste of the fun. To answer your questions about the video. Yes, I backpacked a guitar down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Yes, and back up to the top. Yes, it was worth it. The video is sped up to make me sound like the chipmunks. Why? Well I guess I thought it was much funnier that way. If it's your birthday, this song is dedicated to you. :) Talk to you soon!
Pursuing passions and appreciating the joys and blessings of life. I have been given so much, I'd like to use music as an avenue to give back.